Friday 16 November 2007

When the door seems double bolted

There are times in life when we go through difficult situations which leave us asking why. As believer in God we expect our prayers to be answered and our requests granted, after all, did God not promise us that, if we ask we will receive; "Ask and you will receive", yet sometimes our greatest fears become our reality, and we see our prayers; as not only going unanswered, but worse still, not heard. We feel confounded, yet God himself promised that we will not be.

Recently I have gone through a situation, which has caused me great pain. I lost someone I love. I had prayed as well and as fervently as I knew how and I strongly believe that God had heard.

The tragedy of the loss, left me empty, there is an old Black American Spiritual "Sometime I feel like a motherless child" at this time I felt like a fatherless child – alone, confused, hurting and sad.

At those times that we do not see the evidence of God in our lives, it is difficult to believe the truth of his word, yet it also at these times, that we must hold on even more to his word.

God is in control even when we do not see it, we feel forgotten, yet God has never and never will forget us. Just because things have not gone our way, does not mean that things have not gone God's way, and His way is to bless us and not to curse us.

Shall we then only love God and believe in him only when things go the way we want them to, no.

Psalm 22:5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
John 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Isaiah 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Job 2:10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips

No comments: